Happy Happy new year from the winter wonderland that is Lebanon.
I am starting off this year with one of my true favourites. I am a huge pasta fan as all those who know me will certify. In all its varied shapes, forms, sizes and flavours, pasta ranks right on top of foods I love to eat.
My stint in Abu Dhabi of washing vessels multiple times a day led me to come up with this dish. Instead of using three to four pots and pans that I use when I choose to go down the longer route, I came up with this one pot version.
This dish is comfort food at its best. Yummy, easy to make and it gives you those warm fuzzy feels.
Recipe
Ingredients
4 large tomatoes
1 large onion
250 gm spaghetti
3-4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups water
2 tsp crushed pepper
1.5 tsp dried herbs
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Method
- Take olive oil in a large pan with a thick bottom. To this add one finely chopped onion and three to four crushed/grated cloves of garlic. Saute till the onions turn pale pink.
- Add four chopped tomatoes and three cups of water.
- To this add salt and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti
- Let the mixture come to a boil and continue to cook on high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When water has reduced to 1/4th, add the dried herbs.
- If the sauce is sour, add 1 tsp of sugar to balance the flavours out
- When the water has evaporated completely, the pasta is ready to eat.



No comments:
Post a Comment